More by Ice Cube
This idiom can be used to talk about actual things, relationships, or even concepts like advantages and disadvantages. It is better to have one certain relationship rather than risk it by cheating with more; it is better to have a lesser but more certain advantage than the possibility of a greater one that may not actually come to fruition; it is better to take a smaller but certain return on investment than the possibility of a greater one that may never come to be.
The moral of this idiom is to not be greedy. The phrase, as we see it today, predates its first known publication, which appeared in the A Hand-book of Proverbs, written by John Ray. However, we can find variations of the phrase long before that in various sources, including this English translation from the Latin Bible:. Nowadays, this expression is most often heard in the job sphere, where people warn against making risky deals, taking new positions, or trying to expand.
A Bird In The Hand | Kate Bush Encyclopedia
Even Tigger understands this, according to him. Stan and Heff bring a bed, and this is where Kessie begins to demand for many things: warm milk, a bedtime story, and even some of the honey ransom.
This is where Rabbit realizes that she has been acting more like him than he is. When Kessie starts demanding said honey ransom, she insists on enjoying some from a small honey pot at the bottom of the pile. While Heff is hesitant, Stan convinces him to give her exactly what she wants. When Heff takes the pot from the bottom, there is a cut to outside of the cave where the viewer can hear a crash and suddenly see a long trail of honey flowing from the cave.
Stan and Heff are stuck within the sticky mess and Tigger asks Rabbit if he thinks they should help them. Rabbit and Kessie leave the cave, where Rabbit thanked her for saving them.
Sign In Don't have an account? Start a Wiki. A Bird in the Hand. Contents [ show ]. Continue reading at your own risk. Stan and Heff covered in honey.
Categories :. Prod code. Tigger Got Your Tongue.
- Women in Antiquity: Theoretical Approaches to Gender and Archaeology.
- THE JAMAICAN DEPORTEES : (We are displaced, desperate, damaged, rich, resourceful or dangerous). Who am I??
- The meaning and origin of the expression: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!
- Praxis for the Poor: Piven and Cloward and the Future of Social Science in Social Welfare.
Sorry, Wrong Slusher. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.
- What Do I Do About HItting?!.
- Pan Macmillan's trade news has a new home.
- Parent-Teacher Conference;
- Just a Few of my Favorite Things: A Compilation of Great Newsletters, Testimonials and Poems?
- TEFL Teacher in Thailand;
Rabbit and Stan the Woozle.